So you’re a newbie to the Optimization, Testing, UX and the customer centric approach and world. Finding you’re way around and even some of the terms seem to puzzle you.
You ask the question, where do I start? How do I begin to educate myself on the subject? Well, listed below are some keys to unlocking the knowledge you need to know:
Optimization can mean many things and take many different angles, but when trying to understand the term from a digital marketing stand point it’s important to note that websites such as Optimizely and the likes have extensive information on the subject. Monetate, Convert, VWO, Adobe Target, Google Optimize etc. all cover a wide range of subjects when it comes to optimization and also have great breakdowns and definitions of terms that every optimization newbie should study and know.
- Testing - AB Testing, Multivariate, Personalization
When it comes to testing in the digital marketing world, learning about the subject as a beginner really takes not only reading, but actually doing the testing yourself. I have tested several websites and ran several ads in the past for businesses in order to promote higher conversion rates and EXPERIENCE has proven to be one of the best tools to learn testing for yourself. To read up and learn about the basics of testing websites/software such as Google Optimize helps the tester understand where to get started and how to maximize testing for every digital marketing strategy you can think of! Each tools offers something different and has their own value proposition. Here at Multiplica we are able to work with any of these tools. Some offer just AB Testing, others allow you to apply MVT Testing while others offer personalization and targeting capabilities.
- Following Companies that Deal with the Subjects on Social Media
Social Media has become a great platform to learn about different Optimization Strategies and tactics and how to leverage them. Pages such as Forbes, Entrepreneur, Qubit, Dynamic Yield, Adobe Target, and Mashable Business are all great Facebook pages to follow to learn about optimization. Follow them and set their posts to “See First” so you can stay up to date on the latest in Optimization, testing and user experience.
- UX – User Experience
User experience is vital to learn once you step into the optimization field. Some great educational resources include, but are not limited to:
- HotJar: On the HotJar platform you can visualize certain behaviors of website users through heatmaps (a function in HotJar’s software that allows the analyst (you) to see the sections of your site that had the most clicks and/or interaction) in order to understand what users want exactly by monitoring what they care about through clicks, taps and scrolling behaviors. You will definitely leave their site well informed on UX.
- Session Cam: Session Cam helps break down customer struggle (CS) on websites and significantly reduces the time and cost that comes into fixing website issues that are affecting the user’s journey through the site.
- ClickMap: ClickMap allows you to learn and use its analytics tools to optimize the user experience.
- Wireframing: Experience UX will help you gain a basic understanding of how wireframes play a role in the User Experience, once you gain this understanding you can apply that knowledge using the platforms listed above.
- Information Architecture: The information architecture (IA) institute allows you to learn more about IA and how it applies to the user experience. There are several other learning resources that you can use throughout the site.
As you embark on your journey in learning about optimization, ab testing and User Experience keep in mind that it is not something you learn overnight. It takes time and effort on your part to learn and apply the knowledge you gain from the resources we’ve listed above. Then and only then will you start to see your education be stretched to its full potential!
Email us at [email protected] to learn how we can help your business go to the next level in UX, Testing and Optimization!